After an initial digital audit and helping define a roadmap for digital transformation, we embarked on the discovery, design, build and support of the new Institute of The Motor Industry website to service over 80k members. We built a brand new, open-source, API-first CMS with Drupal 8 and hosted it on the Acquia platform. We held an intense discovery period in which we built a new Information Architecture, tested prototypes on real users, and iterated designs. We then built the brand new website. They needed a consistent brand across all websites, new information architecture, and easier customer journeys. The site needed to be mobile-first. The performance had to be enhanced to try to stop high bounce rates. We built a reusable component library alongside the website to help reduce the cost of one-off development. Launched in April 2020, the website that servers the UK Automotive industry met the below key objectives:
- reduced site pages by 92%
- reduced page load times by 40% to under 3 seconds.
- built an accessible website to WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
- created a Progressive Web Application
- fully responsive and built mobile-first
- reusable code component library