A real financial network. tastytrade produces 10 hours of live programming every weekday, Monday – Friday, with over 50 original segments and over 20 on-air traders.
Caxy completely rebuilt this site. It was originally built in Ruby on rails, in early 2010. It was a monolithic application, originally running on just a few servers. There was no auto-scaling and the pages were slow to load, added to the fact that they also had a lot of traffic. Caxy was able to move it over in the rebuild and built this in react and node. We also wanted to build it in a microservices architecture. This was important because they have a lot of side projects and also a lot of API connections.
- Created microservice architecture for large scale video site
- Incorporated auto-scaling
- Accounted for multiple API connections
- Include ability to scale up and scale down (vertically and horizontally), automatically, based on traffic
- Other engagements include portfolio analysis tool, stock market site, multiple headless CMS, and more
- Server side rendering with React
- New Relic
- Dynamo DB
- NodeJS + ExpressJS
- Microservices architecture
- ContentStack (headless CMS)
- Brightcove (Livestream and VOD)
- Docker (containerization, used with Kubernetes)
- Auth0 (authentication platform / SSO