Who Are They?
A boat trip company launching from St Ives Bay, Hayle and Penzance in Cornwall. Offering fun and educational trips around the Cornish Coast. They are certain to operate in a safe, environmentally-conscious and responsible manner. Their crew are committed to offering the highest quality service, with Captain Jack providing over 15 years of professional experience at sea, and all guides offering incredible information, having graduated from local universities in marine biology and related fields.
Coast Boat Trips was a brand new company looking to get off the ground quickly, but operating in an increasingly competitive industry. They needed their summer season to be successful enough to see them through the winter, and allow them to become both an authority in their field, and a must-visit attraction in Cornwall.
We were starting from the ground up. 1st – build a website with optimised SEO factors included in the web build so that the site could go live with a strong SEO foundation from the get go. Then, with an ongoing SEO plan, we would continue to grow and optimise the site with a mixture of onsite and offsite SEO and marketing activities.
We created a custom, fast and responsive website with usability at its heart and a sleek and modern design. In tandem with this, we continued to grow and optimise the content to increase keyword rankings for relevant and high converting keywords. Our marketing and external SEO sought to grow trust signals for the company that we could then add to the site.
They have seen phenomenal results since site launch:
– 26,800 users have visited the site since launch – nearly 40% of this is from Organic sources
– Local SEO optimisations have proven successful, with 16.4% traffic coming from Google My Business alone.
– Coast Boat Trips have gained over 380+ fantastic reviews on social media, TripAdvisor and Google.
– Already positioned no.1 out of 65 for Best Boat Trips in Cornwall on Tripadvisor.
– Ranking for over 230 keywords, including 2nd for ‘boat trips Cornwall’, ‘boat tour agency’ and ‘boat rides cornwall’.
– Grown email subscriber list to over 2500+ through Spin to Win marketing campaign with an 8.6% optin rate!
The site is performing incredibly in comparison to industry averages for key website performance metrics, highlighting the creation of an engaging :
– Average bounce rate of just 34% – Hobbies and leisure average is 54%
– Average pages per session 4.27 – The industry standard is 2.
– Average session duration 3 mins 13 secs – The industry standard is 2-3 minutes.
And most importantly of all, Coast Boat Trips were so successful that they have been able to cover for the winter period, and are ready and raring to go for summer season two!
Why they chose to work with Solve:
As one of few B Corp™ certified companies in the web design and SEO industry Solve and Coast Boat Trips not only share values but also both want to start a new way of thinking; a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
The Coast Boat Trips site is hosted by Solve servers which are powered by 100% renewable energy. Solve also planted a tree especially for them! Besides offsetting CO2, the tree symbolizes the establishment of a mighty, long-term relationship. As the roots of each tree grow deeper, we delve deeper into their business, weaving a sophisticated SEO strategy to increase their reach online. Solve has planted 10,326 trees to date!