W. R. Grace, an American chemical conglomerate with over 3900 worldwide employees, safely and sustainably develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells specialty chemicals including two industry-leading materials segments — Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies.
This website redesign commenced in February 2020 when R2i completed a full website strategy, design, analytics, SEO, and technical re-discovery.
Grace is less mature in terms of digital brand awareness, targeted content, personalization, or measuring visitor traffic. R2i assessed and determined the right B2B strategy and designed to fully modernize, transform and tap into underutilized channels.
Possessing a complex business architecture that includes six business segments resulting in extensive intake and 7+ stakeholder interview sessions, R2i fully established means to inform their content & IA needs per business segment and for the organization as a whole.
R2i not only elevated the Grace website to be exciting, engaging, and innovative – but also matured to support traffic on all platforms and provide foundational Adobe Analytics and SEO capabilities to ensure every element of their brand was supported.
DISCOVERY/STRATEGY/IA & CONTENT
- Led 7+ stakeholder interviews, multiple sitemap working sessions and determined the core 7 personas coming to the Grace website. This solved WR Grace’s extensive business segments needs resulting in architecture for the site that satisfied the needs of multiple business segments and various stakeholders.
- Provided (3) design options for the website and the client loved everything that was presented.
DEVELOPMENT / QA
- Led the development team over every hurdle, provided clear communications of risks and mitigation, and really brought development efforts to the finish line.
- QA of six sprints worth of development, providing the client with necessary training materials, authoring most critical content pages, and providing thorough smoke & regression testing to ensure development initiatives were validated and safe to deploy.
SEO / ANALYTICS
- Evaluation Grace’s SEO and analytics requirements, defined requirements for implementation, implemented/oversaw implementation all the way through post-launch validations.