Every day, people search for information on the website of the administrative district of North Saxony, Germany. They have questions about citizens’ concerns or are looking for a specific form, a contact person or responsibility, career opportunities or want to know what is currently going on in the district.
What is particularly important? That they can find their way around the website intuitively and reach their goal with just a few clicks. That’s why the District Office of North Saxony decided to transform the previous, outdated website into a modern, future-oriented public authority website.
For the sake of accessibility, user experience and IT security, we transformed the website into a public authority portal tailored to people’s needs.
The website has been restructured to meet the needs from the citizens’ perspective instead of the authority organization. Thus, information can be more easily found.
* optimized user navigation
* reduced and sticky main menu
* rethinking of the website architecture so that relevant content can be found by users as intuitively as possible
* responsive web design
* optimized user experience in both the backend and frontend
Much important is the website’s accessibility according to the WCAG guidelines.
* high performance site search with Apache Solr
* well-structured and easy to handle knowledge section for citizens’ concerns
* news extension for press releases and public announcements
* career section with filter option
* apprenticeship exchange section for green professions
* criticism-and-suggestions module